Wednesday, July 6, 2022

The Bee's Knees Kit - Taylored Expressions Cardmaking Kit June 2022

When Taylored Expressions sent the first sneak peek for the The Bee's Knees Cardmaking Kit, I knew immediately that I absolutely HAD to have it.  I was able to purchase one of these highly popular kits on the day it released, and thankfully so because it sold out within hours!  



Immediately, the ideas were flowing, so I jumped right in.  I started with the main product which consists of a stamp and stencil combo.  I completed a few sets of bees, two with normal yellow and black coloring, one with yellow and black and one pink and black bee, and one set of rainbow bees.  I cut out the bees from one of the normal coloring backgrounds, and also die cut several colors of the honeycomb die that came in the kit. With the base pieces done, I started laying out the cards.  I also stamped and heat embossed some sentiments from the kit.  The puns are just too cute - 'bee you' and 'just bee-cause.'

My first layout was a case of a card I made several years ago, and was actually the first card that I ever sold.  I used the elements from the kit plus a frame from the Frame in Frame 3 die, which was a "free-bee" from Taylored Expressions in June for each order over $100.  What a generous "free-bee"!!

My second card was similar, with a black frame from the Frame in Frame die set.  I used a sentiment from the One in a Buzzillion stamp set (retired) that carried on the bee puns.  'You're one in a buzzillion' is just too perfect for this background with one pink bee.

For my third card, I wanted to keep the focus on the rainbow bees.  I used a simple black rectangle die cut around a sentiment from the Be a Unicorn stamp set (retired).

For my fourth card, I wanted a cluster in the lower right hand corner for the focal point.  I layered one of the honeycomb die cuts with a die cut bee, sentiment, and a vellum hexagon cut from the Mini Slim Trifold Template + Dies - Hexagon set.

I believe my final card is my favorite.  I always need birthday cards, and 'Happy Bee Day' was just perfect! Bees love flowers, so I used the In Bloom cling and clear combo to stamp a simple black and white background. I used the honeycomb die from the kit and stenciled through it to get the Honey colored background for the focal piece. The sentiment included a die cut bee, the Caps Lock Happy die (retired) and the Get the Word Out - Mother's Day stamp and die.  After heat embossing the 'Happy Mother's Day,' I cut around the word 'Day' so that it could be paired with the bee.


This kid is sold out, but Taylored Expressions releases a new kit on the last Tuesday of the month.  You can sign up for email notifications at the Taylored Expressions website or TE blog.

Have a good day.
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment