Sunday, March 3, 2024

Design Team - 613 Avenue Create March 2024

I am so excited to announce that I have been selected to be on the 613 Avenue Create Design Team.  613 Avenue Create is a fun monthly challenge blog that is always 'Anything Goes,' but has an optional twist.  For March, the twist is Diamonds or Pearls (add gems or bling to your project).

With the twist of Diamonds or Pearls, my mind immediately went to the TE Happily Ever After Dies.  Pearls and wedding dresses are a perfect match!  I started by cutting the outline die and detail insert from TE Sugar Cube card stock.  I then cut 2 layers of just the outline from TE Vellum and one more from Sugar Cube card stock.  I stacked and glued those together with the vellum pieces in the middle.  I glued a gradient of TE Pearl Drip Drops to the dress, starting with small pearls at the top and larger pearls on the bottom of the dress.  This was such a stunning focal point that I didn't want to distract from it very much.  I added a pop of green directly behind the dress with cuts from the TE Leafy Frond (retired), Subtle Sprigs, and Garden Variety die sets. I used TE Peapod cardstock and lightly inked Sweet Basil around the outside of the die cuts to give a little dimension.

I glued all of those pieces down to a background of the TE Woodgrain Cardstock - Kraft.  A simple black strip for the sentiment from the TE Mini Strips Wedding stamp set added just enough contrast.  To finish the card, I added groupings of black enamel dots from my stash.

I hope you come play along with us this month at the 613 Avenue Create March challenge!

Have a good day.
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment