Sunday, March 10, 2024

Easter Chick on a Hinge

Last year, Taylored Expressions put out a call for fans that would like to connect with other TE fans that are local to their location.  I signed up and was connected with 3 ladies near-ish to me.  We exchanged monthly cards through the second half of 2023 and decided to meet in person in late February to make cards together.  We each made a card and brought the pieces for the other 3 ladies to make the same card. I had plans to bring a couple of different cards, but the day before our meet up, I made this super cute Easter card and decided it would be perfect to share.


I started by coloring the chick and the the legs from the TE On a Hinge - Chick stamp set (retired) with Copic markers.  I misplaced my 'On a Hinge' die (retired), so had to assemble the hinge for the legs with a similar shape that I made.  This set is so fun because the legs of the chick aren't glued down and dangle back and forth.

For the background, I stamped the TE Gingham Check Background stamp with TE Peapod ink on TE Peapod cardstock.  For the clouds, I used the TE Cloud Nine Background stamp (retired) with white TE Fine Details Embossing Powder on TE Salt Water Taffy cardstock.  To finish off the background I used the TE Easy Edgers die set (Free Gift with Purchase of $100 in January that is not released for purchase yet, but will be later this year).

We had such a fun time together making cards, and I look forward to meeting up with them again!

Have a good day.
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment