Friday, July 22, 2022

Pool Party - Oh Bouy!

My youngest nephew turned 5 earlier this month. For his first 4 birthdays, he had a pool party, so I thought the Pool Party stamp by Taylored Expressions set was perfect for his card this year. And the little boy looks so much like my nephew, so it seemed like fate. Ironically, he decided he wanted a bounce house party this year instead of a pool party...so that means that he received a pool party for his ONLY non-pool party birthday.



Since I was making one Pool Party card, I decided to make a second card with the little girl as well. I started by selecting Mint Julep and Jelly Donut as the color scheme.  I then stamped the images and colored them with Copic markers, based on the color scheme. I used Mint Julep and Jelly Donut inks to blend from the bottom of 2 card fronts and faded them to white about 1/3 to 1/2 way up, and then used the Rays Pierce and Cut Plate to finish off the backgrounds.


I used some water patterned paper from my stash to cut a Stitched Oval Stacklets die to use as the focal point of each card.  After gluing the images to the water, I added an the beach ball to the water and punny sentiment from the stamp set.  I finished off the card with some Rainbow Enamel dots and other colors from my stash.


I finished off the second card with a similar layout, but used the pool ladder as the accessory item to balance the card.



Have a good day.
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment